Using all that they had gleaned from their observations, research, and expeditions, students collaborated with their group to:
- Make a spreadsheet of the items they would like to purchase for their playground design while keeping their total cost under $20,000.
- Sketch their playground design.
- Draw a scale model of their playground on graph paper.
After sharing their designs with their teachers, they transferred their model to a larger scale drawing. This included:
- An outline of the playground equipment, the dimensions of the equipment, and overall cost.
- Their total playground budget.
Friday, August 27, design teams presented their playground design in their homerooms. Then, they participated in a Gallery Walk among the five Grade 5 classrooms to provide glows and grows feedback to the other groups.
Mr. Jeffrey Allen, uncle of Grade 5 teacher Kirsten Allen and Landscape Architect, joined Grade 5 as their first MVXpert in their gallery walk to give feedback to each design team. Allen recently designed the playground at the Trinity School in Atlanta. He is also the first external expert to be welcome onto campus since March 2020.