With just 3% of the nation’s population giving blood each year, it is no wonder why there is a drastic shortage in our country. In Georgia, supplies are so low the Red Cross has to import blood from neighboring states.
Students in Mount Vernon’s Upper School National Honor Society seek to make a dent with this issue by encouraging all eligible individuals to donate blood.
NHS is hosting its annual Blood Drive Tuesday, February 25 from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Glenn Campus Gym. While eligible students will be signing up at School to give, MVPS Parents and members of Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church receive priority, and signing up online is quick and easy!
(see below for registration instructions)
Requirements to give blood include:
- Donors must by 16 years old by February 25, 2014. (students are required to submit parental consent form)
- Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Donors must be in good health.
- Donors must have a valid photo ID.
Registering online is quick and easy.
- Go to http://www.redcrossblood.org
- In the upper-right corner, where it asks for a zip code or sponsor code enter: MVPHS
- In the gray box, click: Click here to schedule an appointment to donate
- Complete the registration process
For any questions related to the NHS (National Honor Society) Blood Drive, contact the Director of College Counseling, Marsha Powell, [email protected] or 404-252-3448 ext. 2205.