MVPS Alumni reunited at their alma mater to share stories, laughs and successes during Mount Vernon’s Annual Alumni Luncheon, hosted by the Office of Philanthropy. During their winter break from college, 35 former students returned to reconnect – several of whom shared their recent accomplishments with the entire group of peers, faculty and staff.
- Holly Lane, 2011, UGA, 2015: Extensive world traveler, studied abroad in England at University of Cambridge
- Cason Jolly, 2011, DePaul, 2015: Graduated with a degree in Computer Game Development, creating several online games currently for sale
- Robert Barclift, 2012, Georgia Tech: Studying Civil Engineering while obtaining a Finance Certificate, and spending a summer learning French in Lyon, France
- Connor Martel, 2012, Mississippi State: Pursuing a degree in Turf Grass Management
- Corey Knapp, 2013, UGA: In the Honors Program at UGA, studies Broadcast Journalism and hosts a weekly radio show
- Madi Wewer, 2013, SMU: Pursuing a degree in Archaeology, traveling nationwide to participate in various digs
With a special guest appearance by former Director of College Counseling Marsha Powell, it was a true homecoming.
To date, the Marsha Powell Fund — a need-based scholarship fund designed for Mount Vernon alumni and families of alumni to financially assist Upper School students who otherwise would not be able to attend MVPS — has raised $23,491.
In addition to Alumni Night at the recent MVPS Varsity boys/girls basketball games, several alumni events are already being planned for spring!