FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2022
SCHEDULE AND FAQs
Schedule of Events
7:30 am – Student arrival begins as usual (report to homeroom) – both campuses
10:00 am – Parents and other family members arrive at Upper Campus
10:15 am – Mustang Rally Opening Parade – all grades participate
10:45 am – Field Races on the UC Field including Alpha (Preschool)/Omega (Seniors) Race
11:00 am – Concessions available for purchase
11:30 am – Dismissal – NO EXTENDED DAY OFFERED
- Preschool – grade 5 students must be signed out by parents (or authorized individual) prior to joining the Family Picnic/Carnival
- MS students will be released, but cannot leave campus
- US students have permission to leave campus
11:30 am – All-Family Picnic (bring a picnic blanket or chairs, no individual tents please)
11:50 am – Faculty report to assigned areas
12:00 pm – Carnival opens
2:30 pm – Carnival closes and MUSTANG RALLY ends
8:00 pm – Silent Auction closes
*There is NO afternoon carpool line on either campus on April 29.
9:30 am – 3:00 pm SHUTTLE SERVICES TO/FROM ALL PARKING AREAS OFFERED
Frequently Asked Questions about Mustang Rally
When is Mustang Rally? Friday, April 29, 2022 (all day)
What is Mustang Rally? Mustang Rally is Mount Vernon’s biggest community event of the year, and it directly supports student programming, making an impact on every Mustang’s experience. The last “in person” Rally in 2019 raised more than $200,000! Mustang Rally is a fun day where all students in Preschool through grade 12 build school spirit, increase campus unity and create pride in individual and group achievement. Please invite grandparents and special friends to attend this special day with you. We invite parents to take the day off from all other commitments to spend the day with their children at Mount Vernon.
- Make a bid. The Silent Auction will officially open on April 22 at 8:00 am via online mobile website GiveSmart. Silent Auction items will be displayed starting at 8:00 am on April 29, and bidding closes at 8:00 pm on April 29. The auction will feature desirable school items including the much sought-after Teacher Experiences, carpool queen, a graduation package and many others. Do not miss out on these amazing opportunities.
- See the Parade. Celebrate the arrival of each grade as they parade by and take their place on the field. Don’t miss the arrival of preschoolers with seniors, affectionately representing the Alpha (Preschool) and Omega (Seniors) of Mount Vernon.
- Enjoy the rides and fun. The carnival runs from 12:00 – 2:30 pm and offers all of the fun of an old-fashioned carnival – complete with rides, games, and a dunking booth.
How will the funds be used? Funds raised at this event specifically benefits student programming, making an impact on every Mustang’s experience. The last “in person” Rally in 2019 raised more than $200,000!
How does Rally day begin? Students arrive on campus as usual on Friday, April 29. Beginning at 9:45 am, students will gather on the Upper Campus and prepare for the kick-off of the Mustang Rally with the grade level parade. Parents and other family members should be in place at Upper Campus for the parade by 10:00 for a 10:15 am start.
Do students wear uniforms that day? Students may wear the special 2022 Mustang Rally t-shirts (available for purchase prior to March 31), their MV spirit t-shirt or other Mount Vernon spirit wear. Seniors may wear a shirt showing the college where they will attend. Appropriate jeans or shorts are allowed as are comfortable shoes for running and playing. NO bathing suits, please.
What can faculty/staff wear that day? Mustang Rally t-shirts will be delivered to teachers before the Rally. Teachers are asked to complete an order form for lunch and shirts. Teachers may wear jeans or shorts and comfortable shoes.
What is for lunch? Get your pre-purchased Chick-fil-A lunches (nuggets or sandwiches, chips, and a drink) and join friends and classmates on the lawn for the Family Picnic.
How are Lower School and Preschool students released to parents? Students in Preschool through grade 5 will be released to parents or authorized representatives (designated by parents) at 11:30 am Parents will sign permission forms ahead of time to confirm who will pick up and be responsible for each student as they enjoy the picnic and carnival.
No Extended Play will be available on Friday, April 29. There is also NO afternoon carpool line on Friday, April 29.
How are Middle School and Upper School students released? Students in grades 6-8 will be released at 11:30 am to enjoy the festivities and are expected to remain on campus until 2:30 pm Upper School students will be released for the day at 11:30 am Students leaving campus before 2:30 will NOT be allowed to re-enter. Cars are not allowed on campus for pick-up until after 2:30 pm
Where do I park?
- Visitor parking will be available at:
- MVPS Lower Campus– PLEASE fill up this lot before going to an overflow lot
- First Baptist Church of Sandy Springs, located at 650 Mount Vernon Highway Northeast. Please, do not park behind the church.
- B’nai Torah, located at 700 Mount Vernon Hwy, Atlanta, GA 30328
- St. Joseph’s Maronite Church, 6025 Glenridge Dr Atlanta, GA 30328
Attendants will be in all lots, please follow their instructions on where to park.
- Shuttles will run to/from all parking areas from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Shuttle stop at morning Carpool Drop off on Lower Campus
- Shuttle stop at First Baptist (look for shuttle stop sign)
- Shuttle stop on Upper Campus near Upper School Building
- Shuttle stop at B’nai Torah (look for shuttle sign)
- Student drivers will be asked to park on Lower Campus following specific location instructions from the US Administrators, any leftover spaces will be available to guests.
- There will be no parking on the Upper Campus on April 29 (except to vendors and some community level sponsors and corporate sponsors who will have a parking pass)