Become a Mount Vernon Family
At Mount Vernon, we believe that relationships are foundational to establishing a love of learning and that when teachers truly know and understand their students’ curiosities and passions, incredible things can happen. Our Admissions Team is eager to connect with you and guide you on a journey of exploring all that Mount Vernon has to offer.
All parents want the best for their children. Like you, we know the journey to find the ideal school can be an overwhelming process. To introduce you to the School’s design thinking approach, we invite you to utilize our Family Guide To Discovering Your Child’s Ideal Education Experience. This guide aims to make your school search process more interactive by inspiring conversations about learning, your experiences with schools, and what you hope school could be like. We look forward to learning your story and sharing Mount Vernon with you.
The Admission Journey
Open House Dates
Preschool Open Houses:
11/3, 12/2, 1/21, 2/23 at 9:15 am
Lower School Open Houses:
10/5, 11/4, 12/14, 1/13 at 9:15 am
Middle School Open Houses:
10/14, 11/16, 12/9, 1/11 at 9:15 am
Upper School Open Houses:
10/21, 11/11, 12/7, 1/20 at 9:00 am
MV Connects: Virtual Series
Maker, Design, Engineering & Arts Programs at MV
11/11 at 7:00 pm
A Day in the Life at MV Lower School
11/30 at 9:00 am
Innovation Diploma at MV
12/2 at 7:00 pm
Athletics at MV
12/6 at 7:00 pm
College Counseling at MV
1/26 at 3:30 pm
Mount Vernon, like many other schools in the Atlanta area, utilizes Ravenna, a paperless admission system that provides a simplified, centralized, and complete application experience for families. Log into your Ravenna Hub account to register for an in-person or virtual event. If you do not yet have a Ravenna Hub account, click here to create one.
Step 2: Start your application and share your story.
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will open in October. Log into your Ravenna Hub account to submit forms and manage your application.
- Shared Application Form
- $100 Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Parent Questionnaire
- Student Questionnaire (rising grades 6-12)
- Teacher Evaluation Forms (rising grades PK3-12)
- School Records (rising grades 1-12)
- JATP testing (rising grades K-5)
- Admissions Visit Day (rising grades PK3-12)
Step 3: Receive admissions decision.
Mount Vernon is a member of the Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS). As a member of AAAIS, Mount Vernon adheres to the Principles of Best Practice and common admissions notification dates. Please review the AAAIS website to familiarize yourself with these principles and view a list of member schools.
Admissions Decision Timeline (PK2-Grade 12)
- October 1 - Application opens in Ravenna
- January 25 - Last date to submit Shared Application Information Form, Parent Questionnaire and $100 application fee
- February 15 - Last date to submit supplemental forms and school records
- March 7 - Last date for JATP testing
- April 2 - Admissions decisions posted in Ravenna
- April 14 - Last date for enrollment contracts to be submitted to Mount Vernon
Optional Early Admissions Decision Timeline for Preschool (PK2-PK5)
- October 1 - Application opens in Ravenna
- December 13 - Last date to submit Shared Application Information Form, Parent Questionnaire and $100 application fee
- January 17 - Last date to submit supplemental forms
- February 1 - Admissions decisions posted in Ravenna
- February 8 - Last date for enrollment contracts to be submitted to Mount Vernon
Step 4: Join our Community
Once your enrollment contract has been submitted, you’ll begin to receive information about upcoming new family events and ways to get involved in the Mount Vernon community as you prepare for your student’s first day of school.
New and renovated learning spaces are flexible, interactive, and reflective of research in neuroscience and human development. This 360° interactive tour will guide you through a few highlights of the student experience at Mount Vernon.
Connect with a Parent Ambassador
Would you enjoy connecting with a current Mount Vernon Parent to learn about their experiences at the School? We’d love to connect you! Ask questions, make connections, and learn what they value most about being at MV.
Meet the Team
Students of any race, religion, national and/or ethnic origin, and any other protected class under state or federal law may be admitted.