The Mount Vernon Fund
Your Giving in Action
- Replacing all carpet in the Lower Campus education and activities buildings
- Updating technology/arts equipment and lighting in the Lower Campus Fellowship Hall
- Installing a new Mount Vernon Better Together mural near the Lower Campus Maker Studio
- Installing Nearly 30 new play structures for core strength development and safe climbing on the Lower Campus Frontier
- Building new shade gardens on the Lower Campus Frontier that encourage greater imagination in play spaces
- Updating the Lower Campus gym, including sanding and resurfacing the floors to bring to varsity-level quality, new LED lighting, and a new Mount Vernon wall mural
- Purchasing 20 Dell laptops and Minecraft licenses for Middle School, to be used for an innovative Humanities classroom experience
- Upgrading the Upper Campus athletics field with new turf, and rededicating in honor of Coach Ron Hill
- Installing a new LED video scoreboard on the Upper Campus
- Providing 10 new computers and Meta virtual reality systems for the Upper Campus VR lab
- Providing innovative professional development and learning for faculty across all campuses
- Launching BIPOC affinity groups for Middle School and Upper School students
The Mount Vernon Fund
In honor of Mount Vernon’s founding year, those who give gifts of $1,972 and higher are members of the 1972 Society, which reflects the Mount Vernon community’s strong legacy of giving. We look forward to celebrating all 1972 Society Members at the annual 1972 Social in late spring.
Way to Give
Make a significant impact in the School’s 50th year
Any gift can be made in monthly payments, automatically if desired. All recurring gifts conclude on 6/30/21.
Give By Check
Gifts can be mailed to the School. Hand-delivery is encouraged to ensure prompt receipt.
Community Development Office
Attn: Elizabeth Werdesheim
The Mount Vernon School
510 Mount Vernon Highway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Many employers participate in matching gift programs, doubling or tripling charitable contributions made by their employees.
Contributing appreciated stock is a popular way to give, reducing current income tax and capital gains. Please indicate your intention to transfer stock via our Securities Transfer Notification Form.
Donors 70½ years old or older can transfer up to $100,000 tax-free from an IRA directly to the MVFund. These gifts can satisfy the donor’s annual minimum distribution. Please leverage our IRA letter template prepopulated with Mount Vernon’s tax ID and information.
Matching Gifts are an easy way to double or, in some cases, triple your gift to the School. See if your company offers a matching gifts program.