MV Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Mount Vernon parents are the heart of our MV community. By being engaged with the School as a volunteer, you gain access, build relationships, and get further connected. Email Director of Community Impact Hunter Pierce to learn more.
Engagement at the School can vary from inspiring students as an MVXpert, facilitating faculty/staff appreciation moments, building a set for a performance, or greeting guests as a member of the events committee. Complete this form to get connected!
ONGOING ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteers are encouraged to serve in multiple areas of the School to gain a broad perspective. There are many opportunities in each of the MVPN committees. Please express your interest here.
MVXperts are parent experts in our MV community. The MVXpert committee works to connect and support the skills, services, industries, and businesses represented in the Mount Vernon parent community and elevate the needs and opportunities for mentors, experts, and partners to support educational outcomes at the school. After joining the committee, you will receive detailed emails of current needs. To be added to the email contact list for when faculty and student needs arise, please contact Gordon Blitch, MVXperts parent chair.
Lower School Lunchtime
Support our teachers and sign-up to be a part of the Lunchtime Squad for 2nd semester! Lunchtime helpers give teachers a chance to take a break and reset before the afternoon session with your students. Click here for more information Serve as a Lunchtime Helper in the Lower School
Every Tuesday from 3:00 – 6:00, Middle School and Upper School students gather together to build, paint, and make. We are looking for 1-2 volunteers each week to monitor the classrooms to spread out and use multiple spaces to do their work. Click here to sign up!
More from the Arts
You can be a part of the on-campus magic! Click here to view information about the volunteer needs in the MV Arts Alliance!
IDEA helps identify, communicate and execute meaningful Learn, Serve, Give priorities that genuinely represent, connect, develop, and impact our community. Are you interested in connecting with the IDEA Committee? Contact Nicole Tuggle and CC Durden for more information.
MOUNT VERNON PARENT NETWORK (MVPN)
The MVPN works to promote a strong sense of community by encouraging Mount Vernon families to Learn, Serve, and Give. We provide our community the opportunity to support each other, as well as faculty and staff in an informed, and welcoming environment. Our success is grounded in a shared mission, supportive community, and strong parent participation.
The core objectives of the MVPN are to:
– Build Community
– Advance Mission
– Drive Impact
All parents, grandparents, persons standing in place of parents, and parents of alumni are members of the MVPN. Membership is covered by tuition. A cost may be associated with Memberships to the Mustang Athletic Club &/or MV Arts Alliance
- Spirit Committee supports and promotes school spirit activities and wear in partnership with all MVPN Committees.
- MV Cares Committee helps provide care and appreciation for our families, staff, faculty, and the greater community. The group helps organize school-wide faculty appreciation days, non-profit partnerships, parent prayer and service days, and activities such as meal trains and ‘care cards’ for staff and families managing loss or illness.
- Mustang Athletic Club (formerly Booster) Committee promotes and supports MV sports and other athletic activities at the School in conjunction with the Athletics Department.
- MV Arts Alliance promotes and supports MV Arts programming and activities at the School in conjunction with the Visual and Performing Arts Department.
- Major Events Committee helps plan and manage school-wide events, fundraisers, special activities, including but not limited to, Mustang Rally, Rock the Block, Grandparents Day, Volunteer Appreciation, Homecoming events, Auctions, and Galas.
- New Family Committee welcomes and helps orient new families to the School community.
- MV Grandparents Committee provides grandparents with an opportunity to support the school’s mission, to help build a stronger community that is inclusive of our grandparents and caregivers, and to impact and engage in our students’ learning experience.
- MVXperts Network Committee works to connect and support the skills, services, and businesses represented in the Mount Vernon parent community and elevate the needs and opportunities for mentors, experts, and partners to support educational outcomes at the school.
- Giving Committee helps drive participation in the MV Fund and Rally sponsorship.
- Community Engagement Committee supports divisional and grade-level connections and engagement by leading grade-specific events, socials, and activities for families.
- Room Parents Committee helps strengthen parent and student connections within Preschool and Lower School classrooms, supports classroom needs, and bridges communications between faculty, staff, and parents
Questions? Contact Director of Community Impact Hunter Pierce, [email protected]